G7 Youth Summit: Young Ambassadors Society is recruiting 4 delegates for Y7 Canada 2018
In collaboration with the Italian government and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the Young Ambassadors Society (YAS) is now recruiting the four delegates that will represent Italy at the Summit of the Youth 7 (Y7), the official engagement group of the G7 dedicated to young people.
This year, the Y7 Summit will take place in Ottawa, Canada, in the third week of April.
The three themes of the Y7 2018 will be broadly aligned with those of Canada’s G7 Presidency. The delegates will be called to address the following topics:
- Gender equality
- Climate change & the environment
- Future of work
The outcome of the discussions among delegates will be collected in a communiqué, which will be presented to G7 leaders.
Profile of the delegates:
- Aged between 18 and 30;
- Deep knowledge of, at least, one of the above-mentioned three topics;
- Valid Passport, with Visa if necessary;
- Fluency in English;
- Commitment to work 10 hours per month on follow-up actions of Y7 over a period of 12 months;
- Understanding of global problems with a multicultural perspective;
- Strong academic background and/or volunteer and working experience.
Board and accommodation in Ottawa will be provided by the Y7 organization. However, each delegate should cover the expenses for the round trip to Ottawa from their countries. Finally, each delegate is responsible to get the Visa, if necessary, to enter to Canada.
The deadline for submitting the application is 8 March 2018. Please, complete the application below together with the 10€ payment that allows you to become a member of the Young Ambassadors Society. For further information do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.