Call for the Youth Italian Delegation to the Youth Summit of the G20 Countries in Córdoba, Argentina
In collaboration with the Italian Government and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, YAS is now recruiting the two Delegates that will represent Italy at the Youth Summit of the G20.
Within a global network, the Young Ambassadors Society aims at promoting dialogue and cooperation between national and international young people and offers them opportunities to speak up and make an impact. Through meetings and events, we create the conditions to learn and raise awareness on many issues related to economics, science and innovation. In particular, YAS recruits the Italian youth Delegations who take part in international Conferences and Summits, such as Y7 and Y20, the official engagement groups of G7 and G20 Summits.
What is the Y20?
The Y20 and Y7 summits are the official engagement groups of the G20 and G7 summits, bringing together young leaders representing the G7 and G20 countries. The conferences allow young delegates from these countries to gather to discuss ideas and put forth recommendations concerning the global agenda discussed in the leaders’ G20 and G7 summit. The schedule of the youth summits parallels that of the leader’s summit; the outcome is a Final Communique’ containing proposals from the Young delegates that is passed on to the leader’s summit to make the voice of young people heard.
About the Y20 Summit 2018
The Youth 20 (Y20) Summit 2018 will take place in the province of Córdoba, Argentina, between 13 and 19 August, 2018. The purpose of the Summit will be to explore the key issues and solutions we have as an international society in order to develop a better education that can help us be prepared for the challenges that the new creativity, economic and labor paradigm will bring.
This year the Youth 20 Summit will focus on the theme “education for development”; with three central pillars which have influence over all the subjects discussed, those are: sustainability, gender equality and fairness. Four Task forces will be established in order to allow participants to address the following topics:
- Skills for the 21st century: education for employment, innovative educational methodologies, reducing gender and inequality gaps, teaching skills and citizenship;
- The Future of work: adapt the current labor paradigm, policies for retraining and re-skilling workforce, new technologies;
- Entrepreneurship and self-employment: employment, innovation and welfare effects, youth unemployment, infrastructure to foster local consumption and collaboration, digital economy;
- Sustainable development: strong, sustainable and inclusive development, circular and blue economy, sustainable consumption and resource efficiency
The aim of the Y20 Summit is that the chosen representatives from each country can rely on a proven experience and sufficient knowledge on the topics to be discussed in order to produce a Final Communiqué, which will contain some policy suggestions with valuable ideas to contribute to the debate and implementation of programs and public policies in the world. The proposals will be presented to the Heads of States of G20 countries before the G20 takes place.
- Aged between 18 and 30.
- Valid Passport with Visa.
- Strong academic background and/or an experience in volunteering or be currently an active participant of a Youth Platform or relevant NGO or be involved in community service projects regarding youth matters.
- Deep knowledge of, at least, one of the task forces topics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Commitment to work 10 hours per month on follow-up actions of Y20 over a period of 12 months.
- Having an understanding of global problems with a multicultural perspective;
- Versatility to work as a team player or leader.
- Excellent presentation and networking skills.
- Good team-player and adaptable to an international environment.
- Attentive to detail and accurate.
- Enterprising and innovative.
- Efficient, solution-oriented and pro-active.
Board and accommodation in Cordoba, Argentina, will be provided by the Y20 organization. However, each delegate should cover the expenses for the round trip to Córdoba, Argentina, from their countries. Finally, each delegate is responsible to get the Visa, if necessary, to enter to Argentina.
The deadline for submitting the names and contact details of the participants is 27 February 2018 (12 p.m.). Please, complete the application below together with the 10€ payment that allows you to become a member of the Young Ambassadors Society. For further information do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.