Applications are now closed!
The names of the selected degates will be published in April.
For the first time in history, in 2021 Italy will host the Y20 Summit, the official youth engagement group of the G20 Italy.
Y20 is organized by the Young Ambassadors Society.
Within a global network, the Young Ambassadors Society aims at promoting dialogue and cooperation between national and international young people and offers them opportunities to speak up and make an impact. Through meetings and events, we create the conditions to learn and raise awareness on many issues related to economics, science and innovation. In particular, YAS recruits the Italian youth Delegations who take part in international Conferences and Summits, such as Y7 and Y20, the official engagement groups of G7 and G20 Summits.
What is the Y20?
The Y20 and Y7 summits are the official engagement groups of the G20 and G7 summits, bringing together young leaders representing the G7 and G20 countries. The conferences allow young delegates from these countries to gather to discuss ideas and put forth recommendations concerning the global agenda discussed in the leaders’ G20 and G7 summits. The schedule of the youth summits parallels that of the leader’s summit; the outcome is a Final Communique’ containing proposals from the Young delegates that is passed on to the leader’s summit to make the voice of young people heard.
About the Y20 Summit 2021
This year, the Y20 Summit will be held in Milan and Bergamo from the 19th to the 23th of July.
The delegates will be called to address the following Priority Areas:
- Sustainability, Climate Change and Environment
- Innovation, Digitalization and Future of Work
Delegates have the important role of representing their countries’ youth, and as such they are called to develop a set of policies on the topic areas mentioned above with other delegates from around the world. The final set of policies, the ‘Communique’, will be delivered to the G20 leaders.
Profile of the delegates:
To apply, candidates must:
- Be aged between 18 and 30 at the time of the Summit.
- Be fluent in English (speaking, writing, and reading) and able to negotiate with other delegates.
- Have strong academic background and commitments in concrete projects/volunteer or working experience.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Have a strong interest in foreign policy and/or global issues.
- Understand global problems with a multicultural perspective.
- Be able to attend and commit to the Y20 Summit and preparation.
- Be able to finance the transportation cost to the summit.
- Have an Italian identification document.
Delegates are expected to be proactive, engaged, and enthusiastic, individually as well as in the group. They are expected to spend time preparing the Summits (e.g. by researching topics, attending online pre-meetings and negotiations), and after the Summit (to work on possible follow-up actions).
Board and accommodation in Italy will be provided. Each delegate should cover the expenses for the round trip to the summit and all the costs associated to potential pre or post-summit meetings in Rome with representatives of the Italian Institutions.
Application deadline: 28 February.
PS. Do you want some tips on the application process? Join our Facebook Community!